ShareFavEatsAlways Most Popular Posts - Last 7 Days *****

Dec 21, 2011

NO MENU @ BOON TAT STREET,Singapore - "FAV "ITALIAN HOME COOKED STYLE" LUNCH EATS" - DEC 2011 - FEB 2012

Since it was a cool December afternoon,I planned to walk from The China Club @ Capital Towers for "more tastings" @ Hong Lim Complex for another new posting - "My Fav Eats" there !" But somehow by "letting feet do the walking" to which ever path that was smooth flowing, I walked quickly into a little lane called - Boon Tat Street & immediately I recalled that was where the famous ( ex Forlino,then Osvaldo,then no more ideas for new names so it's No Menu ! ) - Chef OSVALDO FORLINO's ( family-style ) - NO MENU Italian Restaurant was located ! ;-)

Excellent location for Business Lunch for the busy corporate executives from Raffles Place & also  for Dinner for true Foodies & Families to appreciate & enjoy their specially prepared Degustation & Home Cooked Style Menu & Daily Specials !!! ;-)

Of course my 1st thoughts was - a quick look to check how interesting No MENU was ? Then I walked into their Newly Opened Extended Shophouse ( Wow ! Guess their business must be very good !!! And also it was good to know that - "there was actually Ala Carte MENU but I heard the guest seated next table requesting for her Fav Vongole Pasta & Chef Forlino agreed to prepare it !!!" ;-) )

Then soon Chef Forlino's friendly wife - Patrizia ( who's liked your good Italian Auntie ! ) came over while her manager was showing me the Menu and she pointed that "the Pastas are great but No more Pizzas !" before she happily went off to the kitchen.Then few minutes later,Chef Forliono ( he's liked your good Italian Uncle ! ;-) ) greeted me and we enjoyed a quick chat & update about the latest Italian Eats in both Singapore and Hong Kong !!! ;-)

With CHEF Osvaldo Forlino

Since my past lunch tastings @ his ex-Osvaldo Restorante @ Maxwell Chambers,I shyly told him that it was actually my 1st Visit because I needed to find a suitable time & also good friends that are keen to enjoy their DEGUSTATION MENU for Dinner ( if for Lunch it may take too long and also it may be too much ! ) which has 10 - 15 Courses - $98 per pax ! So far I heard "mixed reviews" from good friends who had tasted so far ! It could be that they may have tasted "different menu or eats on diiferent timing !" And I read that when No Menu was newly opened - not even his pretty daugther Serena,who manages No Menu,know what her father was cooking that day ! Guess I need to do my own tasting of their degustation menu at least once before sharing any comments ! ;-)

Interestingly I read a few Interviews in Past Reviews liked - "Forlino Opens Own Eatery: by Melissa Sim - life! - The Straits Times - January 27 2011 - that "Chef Forlino vows to use the Freshest Ingredients and personally makes the trip to the wet market every morning to source fresh meat,fish and vegetables.He then cycles,with his haul,from the wet market at ( my Fav ) Chinatown Complex to his restaurant and he is there from 8am to closing time !"

And in another Review - "As Good As It Gets" by Annette Tan - Food - Today - February 9 2011 - "The food is largely home style Piedmontese - hearty,rustic and made using the freshest seasonal produce from Piedmont and Kreta Ayer Market"

And of course,I enjoyed reading - my Fav & Good Friend - Geoffrey Eu - "Getting Fresh" - DINING - The Business Times Weekend - January 29-30 2011 !

And finally there was another - "Light's The Way" by Wong Ah Yoke - Taste - The Sunday Times - March 6 2011- "after reading this,I must really return to taste their TIRAMISU !!! ;-)

And I complimented Chef Forlino on their Italian rustic & homely DECOR & I enjoyed the warm atmosphere because I felt liked "being entertained by his Forlino family again !!!" Later just before I was going to enjoy my Pasta,his daugther Serena wanted to know if I am enjoying my lunch & again before the my desserts !!! Excellent friendly service !!! ;-)





Chandeliers "hand picked" by Chef Forlino

Look liked "today lunch business was very good with a full house booking ( So I must be a "Lucky Walk In Guest" !!! ;-) ) Btw there is a Private Room on the 2/F for your Special & Important Parties !!! ;-)

Feeling so relaxed in their comfortable chair,I was quickly served with a plate of their Home Baked Bread,which I enjoyed very much !!! ;-)





Breaded Sardine - This Was Tasty But I Must Request To Taste Their
Bruschetta With Chopped Fresh Tomato in my Next Tastings !!! ;-)


Since my good Foodie Friend & Regular Lunch Partner - KIE was busy at work ( or else he could have check out & "test" his Fav - "Squid Ink Tagliolini ! ) So anyway I felt that i definitely will still enjoy my lunch @ NO MENU !!! Since I was hungry already,I quickly checked with their Indian Manager - Praba on his recommendation for their House - "Most Popular Red Wine,Pasta and Dessert !!!" ;-)

BUON APPETITO !!! Here was my Lunch Menu that I enjoyed on :

- Enjoyable Italian Lunch @ NO MENU on December 21 2011 *****


Home Made Tagliatelle With Wild Boar Sauce - $28


DOLCI - Cioccolato Gianduja Con Crema Di Crema di Mascarpone
e Croccante di  Nocciole - $15

Of course after my enjoyable lunch I told both Chef Forlino & Serena that I will be returning with my good friends soon !!! ;-)

*****YEAR 2012 - FEB 3 - "Enjoyable Lunch With KIE" !!! ;-)

- After my above lunch,I highly recommended my good Foodie Friend - KIE that we must enjoy lunch together @ NO MENU !!! And I was happy to see that he enjoyed the "home cooked style Italian cooking" and we were personally served by Mrs.Forlino aka Patrizia !!! She will intoduced and shared on her thoughts on every item below !!! ;-)


NO MENU - WELCOME DRINK !!! ;-)

Antipasti -

Antipasti - Fresh Sardines With Spicy Tomato Sauce On
Home Made Bread
Healthy Note : Fresh Sardines are rich in Omega 3 !!! ;-)

Daily Special - Mussels & Clams
- Tasting Notes - Tasted Really Good But Portions
Was A Bit Too Small For The Price !



Pasta With Lobster In Freshly Made Tomato Sauce
- Tasting Notes - Tasted So Good That I Can Enjoy Tis Every Week !!!

Dolci - No Menu - Classic TIRAMISU

This Italian Dessert which literally means "pick me up"
- Tasting Notes - Tasted Really Good !!! Must Taste !!! ;-)




Caffe Latte


TO BE CONTINUED.....;-)

Cheers & Enjoy !!!
AnDreW ;-)

ADDRESS : 23 Boon Tat Street Singapore
CONTACT : +65 6224 0091
WEBSITE : http://www.nomenusingapore.com/
EMAIL : info@nomenusingapore.com

OPEN : 1130am to 230pm - ( Mondays to Fridays ) / 6pm to 10pm ( Mondays to Saturdays ) & Closed On Sundays !

SPECIAL NOTE - Chef Forlino's New Italian Eats Will Opened @ 1/F CAPITAL TOWERS,Robinson Road in FEBRUARY 2012 *********



LATEST UPDATE - Soft Opening On Feb 13 2012 - "All Day Italian Meal" Concept !!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment