ShareFavEatsAlways Most Popular Posts - Last 7 Days *****

Feb 3, 2011

IL CIELO @ 24 / F HILTON HOTEL - LUNCH TASTINGS Since Their Opening In FEBRUARY 2011

Since my last Posting i was so busy with my Golf Holidays in Bangkok so there was hardly any time for any New Postings of the Latest Eats especially my FAVs in Bangkok !!! And please rest assured that i will definitely make up for "lost time" very soon !!! ;-)

On my happy return on my FAV Airline - SIA Flight from Bangkok on Jan 31 2011 - Interestingly I managed read on the Food Review on New Italian Eats - IL CIELO ( aka "The Sky" ) by my Fav Eats Writer - Geoffrey EU ( Weekend The Business Times - Jan 29 - 30,2011 ) that of course made me really excited & interested that made me want check it out almost immediately !!! Anyway I actually rushed over the next day but to my surprise I thought I was early but even after the Mains,it was liked I booked IL CIELO for my Private Party !!! ;-)

So after the "special VIP treatment" on my first & several enjoyable lunches later at IL CIELO,i felt "so welcome !" that made me "quite reluctant" ( juz kidding ! ;-)) ) to share & post this !!! Just kidding only !!! Of course my BLOG is - Share Fav Eats Always !!! ;-)

On IL CIELO - It's really Excellent for Business Lunches,Family Dinners & Special Events ! But personally I was happy that it was really currently "my perfect, exclusive 5 Star elegant home style Pure Italian lunch Eats to enjoy having good & flowing conversation with my good friends especially because we were personally well taken care by one of their Chefs - Chef Stefano Arrigano ( The other Chef - Sandra Falbo )He shared with me that all their Seasonal Produce are source from Italy and all over the world ! And he's actually very new here so he would like to be "more localised" and he hope to know more about the taste & culture of the locals and also if there was time to visit other Italian Eats to get a better idea !!! ;-)

On the FOOD - I really luv & enjoy their Organic Ingredients,Hand Cured Meats & especially all the different types of freshly made Breads & al dente cooked Pastas ! And also their "wafer thin and crispy Rome style Gourmet Pizzas & finally not forgetting of course ( not overly sweet ) I enjoyed their specially created Desserts very much !" ;-)




On the DECOR - My compliments to HILTON for converting & creating this space ( some of you may recalled that it was formerly - Tradewinds a very long,long time ago ! It was where my good friends liked D Ding & Dr.JC will invite me to join them to enjoy the Hotel's popular - "very expensive Prata with different exotic Curries & of course we will enjoy their - which also my Fav Ice Cream - Haagen Dazs by the Poolside !!!" ;-)

During that time - HILTON was "still HIP & happening" ( there was no such ION or MBS around then ! ) with all their CLUB 21 - Designer Brands liked - ARMANI,Donna Karan,FERRE & others located in their Hotel Shopping Gallery !!! So it's really great that there's some kind of renewal by their owners - HPL planned & introduced IL CIELO & also IGGY's moved there too !!! ;-)

Guessed this idea must be in tune to the Latest Trend with all the Roof Top Dining - liked Sky on 57 & others ! And i also luv their "woody & black metal" Decor with High Ceiling ( it's both cosy & trendy ! ) and a still a View of the Poolside ( for Natural Lighting ) but now there's ION in the up market Orchard Road Skyline.And at the time the Manager interest me to also have dinner there because the lighting and mood will be different ! Probably it will a ideal place to have a Romantic Date or with a group of good buddies !!!





On the Eats & Cooking Style by Chef Stefano - btw he's actually from a place between Lake Como and Milan & he's really very New & only arrived here 10 days ago from the 6 Star Hotel in Dubai - Burj Al Arab - so personally i felt that he will need some time to "fine tune" a bit & also check out his "Competitors" to sharpen up his creations & then it'll be "Perfecto" !!! During both my lunches,he will personally serve both my good friend - KIE and myself liked the Lemon Sorbert or just have a quick introduction about his Cooking style & Menu or request to know how was the Eats so far...Liked i have mentioned before...i really Luv it when the Chef interacts with the guests because there's a personal touch ! ;-)


Juz Luv Their Freshly Baked Bread Very Much !!! ;-)

Yes,Needed More To "Clean Off The Pasta Sauce From My Plate !"

Chef's Special Vegetable Mousse - Yummy !!!

Starters - CAPESANTE - "Three Way Scallops"
- Saffron Sauce & Caviar,Wrapped In Pancetta with Parsley Foam,
Truffle & Topped With Foie Gras & Wine Reduction - $22.00

Soups - IL CIELO ZUPPA DI PESCE -
Il Cielo Seafood Soup - $18.00
( Personally I Preferred Bonta's ! )



Minestrone Traditionale Aromatizzato Al Pesto
( Traditional Italian Minestrone With Barley
& Fresh Basil Pesto ) - $16.00

And after enjoying our Starters,Chef Stefano will personally served us "Refreshing - Lemon Sherbet" to perk up our appetite before our Mains ! And at the same time,he would check on how was the Starters so far and also let us know that he will go prepare our Pastas !!! And that really gave me this "special VIP Treatment feeling !!!"  ;-)



And so far i have enjoyed very much few of their "Signature Pasta Dishes" liked :


Pasta - PAPPARDELLA
- Truffle Scented Pappardella With Wild Boar Ragout & Porcini Mushrooms

Pasta - SPAGHETTI -
With Scampi,Sea Scallops,Angel Hair Vegetables & Caviar
- $28.00

( TBN )

And on last friday Feb 11/2011 - my enjoyable TGIF cum CNY lunch with my good friend - Eric Lee,we were pleased that the Chef agreed to our request - "to Taste & Enjoy their Rome Styled Wafer Thin Crusted PIZZA in Two Ways ( Which was really wonderfully delicious !!! ) -


Upper Portion - PIZZA BOSCO - Porcini Saltati Salsicca Fatta In Casa,Tartufo
( Porcini,Home Cured Italian Sausage With Trufle ) - $42.00
LOWER Portion - PIZZA IL CIELO - Pizza Napolitana Con Aragosta E Caviave
( Lobster Carpaccio With Caviar Dressing ) - $42.00

And we enjoyed our Mains,our friendly Italian Chef returned to introduce his creative Desserts ( their Menu for this was still not printed out yet ! ) But it was Ok because i really enjoyed his "not too sweet" Desserts especially his version of TIRAMISU -



LA DOLCE VITA - IL CIELO TIRAMISU
- Sponge Cake With Mascarpone Cream With Coffee
Ice Cream & Espresso
 - It was my 1st time to enjoy the Tiramisu this way - the biscuity texture & rich mascarpone flavor was wonderful !!! ;-)
PANNA COTTA - Cream Mousse With Strawberry Coulis - $16.00


And this is the Latest Sweets i have enjoyed very much -


CHOCOLATE CAKE - Hot Dessert With Chocolate
Fig Sugar Not Containing Flour, Served With Saffron Ice Cream - $16.00

I really luv Chef Stefano because in addition to our Desserts orders,he will generously served with complimentary Sweets to enjoy our Latte or Cuppercino :


Compliments From Chef - GELATO In Three Flavours






Since my return from Bangkok i have already been to the above with both my good friend - KIE and latest is - ERIC for enjoyable Lunches this month & it look liked i will definitely be Regular and invite more good Foodie Friends ! And i look forward to check out Chef's other Signature Dishes liked - Herb-crusted Ocean Trout Baked On A Slice Of Olive Wood,Angel Hair Pasta With Lobster & Tomatoes and Grilled Organic Ribeye With Truffle Mustard Sauce & Others !!! And i am also waiting if there's a nice occasion,then it will be Dinner Party With Wine !!! ;-) ( Please note that : Reservations are preferred for Dinner ! )

Looking Forward & Cheers !!!
Andrew Ko ;-)



Address : HILTON HOTEL - 24/F
581 Orchard Road Singapore

Contact : +65 6730-3395

1 comment:

  1. - Read thesundaytimes - Feb 13,2011 - eats by Wong Ah Yoke - "By the pool,under the sky"

    - I enjoyed reading this but disagreed on his Rathings !!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete