ShareFavEatsAlways Most Popular Posts - Last 7 Days *****

Apr 1, 2012

BAK KUT TEH ( SINGAPORE ) - "WHERE IS YOUR FAV & THE BEST PLEASE ?" PLEASE SHARE ! ;-)

After watching Catch Up Shows of - Bryan Wong's "MAKAN UNLIMITED" and another reason was my Fav Ikan Bilies Yong Tau Foo @ Chinatown Complex was closed today,it was a good time to Re-Visit one of my Fav Sunday Morning Eats - YONG CHENG BAK KUT TEH @ BLK 22 SIN MING ROAD - #01-258 -


- Since it's Free Parking On Sunday - I recommend that you should plan to be there earlier before 9am if you want to get a table ! Because once it's packed then it'll be a real challenge to get any good service and then some hungry folks that will rush to get your table or take away your extra chair from your table ! ;-)



- With the Sunday masses it may not be the Best place to enjoy My Collection of Premium Chinese Tea ! ( Noted that : On the Receipt - Open Item - probably this is for the Hot Water & the Tea Pot and Cups ! ) ;-)



- Enjoy their cooking and quality of the Pork ! Also I enjoy the taste of their "less oily" clear pepperish Teochew style Bak Kut Teh soup !!! ;-)

- APRIL 6 2012 - Re-Visit to - NG AH SIO Bak Kut Teh - probably this is my Current NO.1 FAV Bak Kut Teh Eats !!! ;-)



I really can't recalled when was my last Eats here.But it's definitely "Upgraded & also Upmarket" with their Crew with Uniform and Beret,they are also "armed" with PDA to take your orders and there's also a Menu so it's easier to order for especially their Japanese or other Foreign Foodies !!! ;-)



And it was good that I was there early on a Good Friday morning because there were more families coming in....and there was even a Rolls Royce parked out there ! ( Was wondering it was owned by the Boss or one of their Rich Client and family or guest ! ) Btw there are of course Photos of Famous People who have ate here including my Good Friend here -



Btw I didn't realised that there Fine Chinese Tea Selection available on their Menu that included - Xiao Yue Gan / Tie Guan Yin / Shui Xian / Tie Luo Han / Bu Zhi Xiang and Wu Yi Da Hong Pao ! Anyway I had to "taste my Special Tie Guan Yin because it was from my good friend James Lee !!!" ;-)



And of course I must order their - Signature Spare Ribs Soup -



Tasting Notes - The Taste of both the Spare Ribs ( not too much fats which I like very much ! ) and the Soup - it was wonderful especially with lots of Garlic and not too heavy on Pepper !!! Almost wanted to order another bowl but I thought I must do a quick re-visit soon with my Parents of Good Friend !!! ;-)

- Enjoyable Breakfast on - APRIL 14 2012 - Since my recent Eats here,I have been thinking of another round to confirm my liking for tis BKT joint ( as I still have a Fav Popular BKT Eats to check out !!! ;-) ) -






- Spare Rib Combo - $7 / XiaoBaiCai - $4

ADDRESS : 208 Rangoon Road,Hong Building Singapore 218453
CONTACT : +65 6291 4537
WEBSITE : http://www.ngahsio.com/
- Check Out their other Outlets @ #B2-50,Stall 11 The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands and also @ Tanjong Katong !!!

- Here's one of the Past Favs ( that I probably have enjoyed almost every Sunday Breakfast Session for a few years with my Good Friends ) - "Double Happy Cooked Food" - which have a "Rich & Famous" Following - SGX Listed CEOs or Those That Made the Headlines liked the Gambler who lost 26mil @ the IR or Chinese Towkays !!! But recently probably with the Condos nearby,there are more Japanese Expats !!! So please note that - the Prices can be High depending What & How Much You Order !!! ;-)

Since we are Regulars,the Teochew Bros know all our Usual Orders liked -

- Enjoy Those Fish That Have Less Bones !!!
And The Above Is Enjoy With Their Chinese Vinegar & Garlic Sauce !!!


- My Fav - "3 Layered Pork Ribs With Dried Seaweed"
And once in awhile,just in case I am nearly,this will be another Usual Order -



But for the Sunday Breakfast Group,it was Claypots of ( Canned Sliced Abalone ) -


- Once I asked my Good Friend - PC - "why do you enjoy the above so much ? His reply was - It's good for the eyes !" And I joked with him that - "Usually tis Canned Abalone,I can only enjoy during the Home Cooked Lunar New Year Feast but Enjoying the above so often,the Special Taste & Feeling is gone !!!" And I suspect that "since it's canned,the Salt Content probably will be High !" So sometimes I will just "add a few slices with the Vegetables into my Claypot together with the Pork Ribs to enjoy a more Complete Meal !!! ;-)

- Enjoy Most - My Good Friends' BYO Premium Chinese Tea with the above Eats !!! ;-)

ADDRESS : ZION Road Food Centre

- Here's another Fav that I have not been for a long time - AH HAK BAK KUT TEH - Open from Breakfast to Supper - Address : 395/397 Balestier Road -


- Quick Fast Service If U are In A Hurry !!! ;-)
- Chinese Tea - $3
- You Tiao - $1
- Bak Kut - $5.50 ( Small Portion - 3 Pcs )

- June 9 2012 - Somehow almost every Sunday I really feel liked "enjoying a Claypot of Bak Kut Teh with Chinese Tea" and this morning,I really felt liked "checking out another Famous Bak Kut Teh joint - HENG HENG CLAYPOT BAK KUT TEH @ Owen Road" which have been highly recommended by my good friends some time ago !!! And I am really happy that I finally have tasted :




- "Smoking Area" ;-(



- "If U Have Full View Of The Above,
Congrats ! U are Seated @ The Best &
My FAV TABLE !!!" ;-)

On arrival I was lucky to find a Car Park in front of the row of shophouses ! Next I think I must be early ( already 845am ) because there was only another table with 3 "huge" Bapak chatting away in Bahasa....so my 1st thought...."tis place must be Expensive ( No Menu or Receipt for the items billed ? ) that Rich Indons ( tis guy took out stacks of $100s to pay ! ) and later there were some Chinese Tow Kays who are Regulars, so what's so special about tis Bak Kut Teh joint ???"


- Seated Next To This Private Collection Of Refined
Chinese Tea ! Regulars Just Will Just Pick Out Their Tea !!! ;-)



While sipping Chinese Tea and waiting for my order to be served,I noticed stacks of Canned Abalone ( see above ! ) and also what are the Regular ordering and enjoying - "Steamed and Cooked Fish" and since it was my 1st Time I just ordered this :





- Enjoyed both the Taste of the Soup and the Bak Kut ! ;-)

- Enjoyed both the Freshness and Sweetness of the above -
Chye Sim Vegetable !!! ;-)


- Enjoy the Freshness and Taste very much !!! ;-)



- "Late Dinner with My Good Friend JL" @ YA HUA BAK KUT TEH - July 2012 -









ADDRESS : 593 Havelock Road #01-01/02 Isetan Office Building S ( 169641 )
BUSINESS HOURS : Tues & Thurs - 11am to 2am / Wed,Fri and Sat - 11am - 3am / Sun - 11am - 10pm


Cheers & Enjoy !!!
AnDreW ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment