ShareFavEatsAlways Most Popular Posts - Last 7 Days *****

May 6, 2012

OTTO LOCANDA @ MAXWELL CHAMBERS - "NEW - TASTINGS !!!" - MAY - YEAR 2012

Have been planning tis Italian Eats Spree - from Latteria,Bistecca and then the above - OTTO LOCANDA !!! Since it's newly opened & I have heard feedbacks on "slow service" from a "competitor who had tasted and such a experience" ( Definitely it's the NEW Eats Factor !!! ) so I thought it was a Good Idea to wait awhile longer to let their CHEF FABIANO DAVIDE and his Crew "get to know each and organise better !!!" But somehow to "feed my Birthday Celebrations by Checking Out & Tastings New Italian Eats !!!" I may have "rushed to the above !!!"  ;-)

Liked their Cosy Decor but when it's packed,the
noise level shoot up !!!
Since my good friends - ( the LEEs - ( not related though !!! ) - EL ( who wanted to treat me a Belated Birthday Lunch ! ),GL ( who making up for our Lunch Cancellation !!! Haha !!! ) and JL ( of course my Super Buddy must be there !!! ;-) ) were all OK for another extended birthday celebrations and also "game" to check out the Latest Italian Eats ) lunch schedule was good & since I know their Restaurant layout very well from OSVALDO to L'ANGOLO,in fact I have actually booked ahead ( several days ago to make sure that they will be opened ) to Request for a Nice Table Nearer To The Kitchen ( I have actually came a week ago to have a look ) with a Guy ( may be tis Italian looking ! ) but when we arrived,I think she's the Lady Manager that I read about....took a look at US and she told the guy that to let us have the Table near the Front Door !!! And I told tis guy - "NO WAY & I repeated to him that I believed he must have also recalled of my Request !!!" then they "reluctantly showed me to a table where I wanted !!!" Guessed it was NOT a Good Impression @ my 1st Eats !!! ;-(






Then the Lunch Crowd started coming in & the place was packed ( I was not sure if it was because AMARONE was closed - extended May Day Holiday ??? ) then we had to wait for someone to Introduce,Recommend and Take Our Orders !!! Thankfully I managed to waved tis Filipino ( transferred from OTTO ) to come over....So I juz told him that "Please Arrange Tasting Portions of their Chef's Signature Dishes from Antipasti to Pasta to Dolci since it was our 1st Visit !!!" ;-)

Here's Our 1st TASTINGS -

- Please dun expect Bread Selection similar to OTTO !!!
- ANTIPASTI -

- Italian Mozzarella di Bufala Cheese and Tomato Caprese Style Salad - $22

- Baked Layers of Melanzane alla Parmigiana - $20

- Deep Fried Calamari Fritti With Spicey Tomato Sauce - $22

- PASTA - ( while waiting for quite some time and it was also hard to get another bottle of Sparkling Water ! And when I arrived and greeted Chef Davide,he was very friendly but when I walked to the Opening of the Kitchen,somehow his expression and tone sounded differently together with the Lady Manager - "the Food is coming,Sir !!!" Before that our Filipino assured us a few times that our Pasta was either cooking,ready in 3 mins,will be served soon !!! )

- Caserecce Pasta With Roman styled Braised Ox-Tail Sauce - $24

- Spaghetti with Vongole in White Wine and Italian Parsley Sauce - $26

- TASTINGS - Guessed I need to do a Re-Visit because it took some time for the above to be served & it's only Tasting Portion ( above order shared by 4 paxs ) that made me felt - "Very Hungry" ( so when I am hungry,almost every eats taste good !!! ) Anyway with the Crew so busy,it was "time wasting to check where the Clams were from ??? ( because of the Small Sized and not Too Many too !!! ;-( )

- DOLCI - ( I really "prayed" that this will Not Take Forever because I noticed my good friends glancing @ their watches already !!! )


- Vanilla Pannacotta With Berries Coulis - $12

- Creme Caramel - $12

- TASTINGS - the above was arranged by the Pilipino Crew !!! Guessed I look out for more Reviews on the above from the "Eats Experts" liked - TASTE - TheSundayTimes - May 6,2012 - OTTO Goes Casual" by Wong Ah Yoke ( Noted his Ratings from Food - 4 Star / Service / Ambience - 3 1/2 Star - which I agreed !!! ;-)  ) and another earlier Review ( to be added asap ! ) And it's definitely be good to wait a few more weeks for the Lady Manager to the Chef to the Crew to "better organised on the Service Level" before another or more Tastings !!! Anyway I still have a few more Italian Eats to Check Out for Tastings !!! It's really Interesting that for such a Small Island,we definitely have many Italian Eats to Enjoy !!!  ;-)

ADDRESS : 32 Maxwell Road, #01-03 Maxwell Chambers
CONTACT : +65 6224 0978
OPEN from : 1130am to 2pm / 6pm - 10pm - CLOSED On Sunday

REVIEW READ in -

- "Otto Goes Casual" by Wong Ah Yoke - Taste / TheSundayTimes - May 6 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment