ShareFavEatsAlways Most Popular Posts - Last 7 Days *****

May 9, 2012

PEPENERO @ STANLEY STREET - "1st TASTINGs & GOOD INTRODUCTION to CHEF MARCO VIOLANO !!!" - MAY 9 YEAR 2012

Actually after reading earlier reviews on PEPENERO,I have been looking forward to check tis Italian Eats located @ Stanley Street ! But with other Italian Eats liked ZAFIRO ( now closed ) and AMARONE @ Capital Tower ! And most recently OTTO LOCANDA @ Maxwell Chambers ! Guessed it's finally and it was a Nice & Humid Afternoon that I decided to do a little Tasting @


Just when I arrived,I was greeted and welcome by CHEF MARCO VIOLANO ( which I read that he was formerly from BASILO @ THE REGENT Hotel - which highly recommended by a good friend ! ) So it's Interesting to check out how well Chef Marco is "adjusting from the 5 Star Hotel to his Own Biz especially his Cooking !!!" ;-)

Interestingly it was almost 2pm & it was "packed" but I was "so lucky that there was a Nice Large Table waiting for Me !!!" And I really like their Homely DECOR -




Happy that "even though the House was packed",the Manager & other staffs were "friendly & attentive" !!! Since I had a late Breakfast,I decided to skip their Executive Set Lunch and I checked with their Manager on the Chef's Signature Main Courses and DOLCI too !!!


Enjoyed their Freshly Baked Bread !!! ;-)

While waiting for my Main Course,their Manager happily served me ( below ) and he told me that this "compliments from the Chef" and he would like me to taste his Signature Dish -


Since my Recent Italian Eats @ both Latteria Mozarella and Otto Locanda,I tasted their Spaghetti Vongole so it was a good idea to also order this here to check out Chef MARCO's cooking style for this Fav Italian Eats - "Linguine Pasta with White Clams,Chili and Cherry Tomatoes" - $22 -



TASTINGs - Clams were taken out from their Shells so that maybe the taste of their "soupy" sauce was less saltish !!! Suggested that "some Chilli Padi could be added" to add more Taste !!! ;-)

Of course I needed DOLCI and their House Signature ( Without the Black Pepper ) TIRAMISU al Pepenero ( $12 ) -




And their Manager too wanted to "show off his skills by telling me that he will make the Best Caffe Latte & if I'am not satisfied,he will make another one for me to enjoy !!!" ;-)



Since I was the "last Customer" there,I enjoyed a Good Chat with Chef Marco on the local Italian Eats Scene ! And of course I definitely re-visit soon to check out Recommendations liked -

- Raviolacci Pasta Filled With Seafood and Mullet Roe ( $28 )

- Grilled Beef Tenderlion With Ratte Potatoes With Sauteed Mushrooms ( $36 )

- Re-Visit & Introduction "Quick" Lunch For D Teo - July 9 2012 -

Have been "distracted by other Eats to do a Re-Visit & since my good friend D Teo told me he was a "Fan of Chef Marco ( when he was @ Basilo - Regent Hotel ! ) so I suggested the above for a Quick Italian Pasta Lunch ( which Chef Marco was most Happy to arrange for us to enjoy ! ) -


- Cauliflower with Asparagus Soup with Soft Goat Cheese


- HomeMade Tagliatelle With Summer Fresh Black Truffle


- Dolci - "Oven Baked Pineapple With Fior Dilate Ice Cream

- Happy that my guest D Teo enjoyed the above Special "No Menu & Chef Marco's Executive Set Lunch" ( I mentioned to Chef Marco earlier before the lunch that my guest can only enjoy a Quick Lunch so he was so good to arrange the above at a Quick but Enjoyable pace !!! ) ;-)

Till My Next Tastings !!! CIAO !!! ;-)

ADDRESS : 14 Stanley Street Singapore
CONTACT : +65 6222-5808
WEBSITE : http://www.pepenero.sg/
OPEN from Noon to 3pm / 630pm to 10pm
CLOSED On Sundays

No comments:

Post a Comment