ShareFavEatsAlways Most Popular Posts - Last 7 Days *****

May 21, 2012

NOODLES @ ORCHARD HOTEL - "NEW + 1st Time Tastings !!!" MAY 2012

Recently after watching one of KYM's JUST NOODLES that featured Award Winning - HUA TING's Master CHEF - CHAN KWOK and reading the Reviews below that made me curious on how good this newly opened NOODLES will be !!! ;-)


It's actually located next to their Buffet Spread - Orchard Cafe with a tiny Kitchen manned by a Chef and small Dining area managed by this "moody" waitress ( she could have felt "overworked" because I felt she was not motivated at all ! ) and there were only 2 other tables occupied when I arrived but she made it liked it was "packed" !!! ;-)




DECOR wise - Because it was a CASUAL CONCEPT,I felt it was rather "Low Budget" Design or it was liked a Temporary Set Up to do Noodles Promotion !!! But I guessed it must be the Hotel's Biz Idea to be an Innovative Idea to maximise the small area of the Lobby for NOODLES !!! ;-)



MENU - It was turned the other way so I thought it was for the table use to place your plate later ! And I asked the waitress for the Menu,she just point at it ! And when I checked with her on their Signature Eats,she took some time to reply me ! So since I have already read Reviews,I decided on their "Most Expensive Item" - WHOLE PREMIUM ABALONE - $15.80 and cooked DRY with their ABALONE Sauce with HOMEMADE Noodles !!! Suddenly the waitress quickly promoted their SET MENU that include : Noodles / Vegetable / Beverage of the Day - $19.90 ( which I agreed and regretted later because there was Vegetable & Mushrooms with the Sliced Abalone and the Noodles,so I could have skipped the plate of Vegetables and Beverage of the Day and order their other SIDE DISHES liked : STEWED BEEF BRISKET & TENDON - $6 Or STEWED PIG's TROTTER In FERMENTED BEANCURD - $6.....Well anyway it's my 1st Time so it's good to check it out and find out their Set Up before I invite any Good Friends or Biz Clients !!! ;-)


- Tastings - Expected their Abalone Sauce to be Thicker Liked
Liked The Abalone Sauce Used In LEI GARDEN "Chicken Feet Dim Sum Eats"
Because This Was CHEF CHAN KWOK's Signature Abalone Sauce -
I Expected More or Higher Standard !!! ;-)

- Tastings - I felt that the Vegetables Were "A Bit
Overcooked !!!"


Till My Next Noodle Tasting !!! Hopefully after awhile with Customer's Feedbacks,the Cooking and Service will Improved !!!  ;-)

Cheers & Enjoy !!!
AnDReW ;-)

ADDRESS : ORCHARD HOTEL LOBBY - 442 Orchard Road Singapore
CONTACT : +65 6739 6565

No comments:

Post a Comment