ShareFavEatsAlways Most Popular Posts - Last 7 Days *****

May 4, 2011

LEI BISTRO @ B2 Times Square,Causeway Bay,Hong Kong - "1st Tastings & Dinner With HONG ENG" 0n April 27 & 28 2011

After my early afternoon arrival in Hong Kong ( It was really great to be back after few years ! ;-) ) while enjoying the ride on the Airport Express,i was day dreaming of - Mak's Noodle or Roast Goose @ Yung Kee & Central ! And i was tempted to deposit my luggages at IFC & rush there for a quick meal ! But finally i decided to check in to my Fav Hotel - Holiday Inn Express @ Causeway Bay ( Behind Times Square ) and rush over to the Gift Fair instead ! Still with all my Fav Eats in HK on my mind all day long & also because i decided not to make any dinner appointments on the 1st Day in Hong Kong so i was really happy that i had my Michelin - Hong Kong Macau 2011 Guide Book & discover the above ( which was next to my hotel & especially i'm a Big Fan of Lei Garden for the longest time !!! ) ;-)

Address : Shop B217-218,Basement 2,Times Square, 1 Matheson Street,Causeway Bay,Hong Kong
Contact : +852 2602 8283
Website : http://www.leibistro.com/




I was really lucky to get a seat without any reservations ( Guessed the receptionist knew i was very hungry ! ) It sure boost up my appetitie and mood ! So after studying their Menu especially since i was by myself,i decided to order their Specialities liked :



- "Shanghai Style Steamed Pork Dumplings" - HK$26
( Enjoyed This - The Skin,Soup and Taste was very delicious ! )



- Pan Fried Minced Pork Soft Bun - HK$22
( One of my All Time Favs & Enjoyed This Very Much ! )



- Pan Fried Vegetarian Rolls With Mushrooms - HK$38
( Just thought of ordering this for "tasting" only ! )



- Noodles With Shredded Pork & Preserved Vegetables In Soup - HK$35
( Since i was thinking of Noodles all day long,this was really appetizing and delicious !!! )

By now the couple on my left side who was seated about the same time,they were still waiting for their food and was amazed by my orders so far ( liked i have not eaten for awhile ! ;-)) ) Then of course,i ( rested a bit to allow some digestion before ) have to order my Chinese Sweets :



- Steamed Red Dates Cake - HK$20
( Tasted this @ Lei Garden,Chijmes a long time ago ! Yums !!! )



- Almond Sweetener With Egg White - HK$20
( Just Luv Almond and Personally I think Lei Garden's is No.1 & it was very delicious !!! )

After enjoying all the above,it was a truly satisfying especially it was only my 1st Dinner in Hong Kong !!! Then suddenly my Blackberry buzzed & it was my good "Super Frequent Flyer" friend - HONG ENG who also arrived & probably our last dinner together was also in Hong Kong about 3 years ago ! So it was good timing & we immediately arranged and i suggested the above for our Dinner ( because i really wanted to "taste other Signature Eats & add on to this Post ! ) & i thought he will enjoy a really delicious Cantonese cuisine on his 1st Dinner in Hong Kong !

So here our Dinner on 28/4/11 - I arrived much earlier ( it was packed already ! ) to arranged a large table ( to order more Eats ! ) for my VIP to arrived from  Kowloon.And i also pre-ordered our their Specialty Double Boiled Soups :



- Double Boiled Chinese Francolin in Smoked Coconut - HK$58 Each
( Pre-ordered this for my VIP because it was sold out on my 1st Dinner there ! )



- Superior Soup With Baby Abalone And Chinese Cordyceps - HK$58 per pax
( It turned out to be different from their Menu because there was only One Tiny Abalone ! ;-) )

Since i already tasted their Noodles and also i was treated to Long Life Birthday Noodles for Lunch.I suggested to my buddy Hong Eng that we order :



- Sauteed Fish Fillet in Stone Pot - HK$78
( We enjoyed this very much ! )



- Chicken Steamed In Lotus Leaf Wrapping - HK$68
( Enjoyed this too with Steamed Rice ! )

PS - Many thanks again,Hong Eng for your "Pre-Birthday Treat" !!! It Was A Most Enjoyable Get Together !!! See You In Hong Kong Again For Dinner !!! ;-)

On the above,i will definitely return for more delicious treats especially if i am staying in my Fav Hotels in Causeway Bay ! And i also wish that this New Lei Garden Concept will be introduced to Singapore !

Cheers & Enjoy !!!
Andrew ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment