ShareFavEatsAlways Most Popular Posts - Last 7 Days *****

Dec 3, 2011

ENOTECA L'OPERETA @ BOAT QUAY - "Early X'mas - White Truffle Lunch With GL" - December 1 2011

Both my good friend - GL and myself thought it would be a good idea to do a Re-Visit before the New Year 2012 & at the same to introduce our Fav Japanese Italian Eats - L'OPERETTA @ Boat Quay to our very good friend - JL ! But it was just not timely, due to last minute business matters,he regretted that he couldn't make it !!! ;-(


Since the 1st Lunch Tasting Introduction to the above to my good friend - GL last year,she told that she have returned with her colleagues and good friends for more !!! And she told me that L'Operetta is one of her Fav Eats but she wished that the Menu will change soon because she usually ordered their same Signature Eats on their Lunch Menu ! ( And when I shared this with Chef Seita,he told us that their Menu just changed this month !!! ;-) )




As always I am always "game" for - CHEF SEITA's "OMAKAZE ( a Japanese phrase - I'll leave to you ! And I added - Please surprise me !!! ;-) ) WHITE TRUFFLE LUNCH MENU but my good friend - GL still prefer to order her Fav & their most Popular Signature - Hokkaido Scallops - ( see Earlier Postings - 1st Lunch Tastings - Nov 1 2010 ) and she also specified that her lunch to be - "less cheesy and must also be healthy !!!"....My mind went liked "Hmmm...but this is Healthy Eats !!!" Guessed after her recovery from her recent Flu and with coming Holidays,she just wanted to play it safe !!! ;-) )


Noted Their Freshly Baked Bread Have Changed
And It Tasted So Good That I Enjoyed Extras !!! ;-)

So we both started with - "Garden Fresh Tomatoes With Mozzarella Cheese & Luscious Prosciutto Ham"



After my recent "Alba Truffle Lunch @ my Fav Italian Eats - OTTO Ristorante ( read recent Posting please ! ) I told Chef Seita that I would also taste his Truffle Menu ! And I enjoyed this "White Truffle With Sunny Side Up Served With Fresh Asparagus" ( Just read in this month's Men's Health - Nutrition - Eggs may contain high levels of disease-fighting antioxidants !!! ;-) )


OSHII DES !!! Enjoyed With Their Bread To Clean Off The Plate !!! ;-)


Then I Got Thirsty !!! ;-)

Next we both enjoyed - "White Truffle With Tagliolini Served With Sage Butter Sauce" ( Was not really sure if my good friend - GL really enjoyed this since she confessed that she's not really a Hard Core Foodie liked me.But she have a few Fav Eats that she will sometimes crave for so much that she can just dash off from her office desk to enjoy it !!! ;-) )


OSHII !!! But I Wondered If The Sauce Was A Little Bit Too Much ? ;-)

Then the Next Mains & For GL ( I was looking at GL's facial expression because I thought It Was Another Of Their All Time Signature But After Tasting,I Noted That It Was Prepared to Almost Perfection !!! And Very Healthy Indeed For GL !!! ;-) )


And as for me,Chef Seita especially prepared - "Grilled Fresh Octopus Served With Trapanese Sauce" ( Need to re-confirm this with their GM - TAKA-san !!! )


Shared With Chef Seita That I Really Didn't Know How To Appreciate Octopus
But I Will Definitely Recommend This To My Good Friend - KIE !!! ;-)
Then it was Desserts Time !!! ( Frankly I was actually a bit "disappointed" with their serving below because....read below !!! ;-( )



Because for my Last Enjoyable Lunch - ( See Posting - "Enoteca L'Operetta - Introduction Tasting For Jansen & Kaori" ) which was the Most Memorable & the Taste was Extra Special especially it was with another Very Good Friend - JANSEN EK and also my New Japanese Friend - KOARI !!! I was looking forward to enjoy their Special CREAM PUFF !!! ( My good friend - Jansen who commented that "he usually don't really enjoy Cream Puff but after a quick look, it was the Best that he enjoyed !!! ) ;-)




So when I was interested to know why there wasn't any CREAM PUFF with our Desserts ! And I was first told by their Japanese Lady Manager that - "It was Sold Out Already !!! Immediately I was wondering - but we were there for Lunch ( unless they now opened for Breakfast too ? ) and it was not Fully Booked !!! So how can that happened ? But I guessed there must be a some kind of mistake ! Then later Chef Seita told me that their Delivery just arrived from their other KITCHEN so they will served it soon !!!...Anyway even though it was served so plainly on the plate above,I was happy that i was able to confirm the taste of their special home made Cream Puff !!! ( my good friend GL's petite capacity was already maxed out so she had to skipped ! And the Lady Manager told us that she will pack it for her to Takeaway but I guessed she have forgotten about it !!! )

Cheers & Enjoy !!!
AnDReW ;-)

ADDRESS : 78,79 Boat Quay Singapore 049866
CONTACT : +65 6438 2482
WEBSITE : http://www.operetta.sg/


PS - And this time I couldn't feel that Special Taste of their Cream Puff ! Guessed it was somewhat affected by my Recent Tasting of the Cream Puffs prepared by another friendly Japanese Chef from Ebisu,Tokyo from the - All Japan Food Fair Promo @ ISETAN SCOTT'S because that New Special Taste with the Sweetness just nice & Still Lingers On My Mind since....And I was told that his Best Seller was - Creme Brulee ! ( Must Taste It Soon !!! )  ;-)



1 comment: