ShareFavEatsAlways Most Popular Posts - Last 7 Days *****

Dec 16, 2011

TONKATSU MA MAISON @ MANDARIN GALLERY - "1st Lunch Tasting With KAORI-chang !" - December 16 2011



Last year after tasting TONKATSU GINZA BAIRIN @ ION ( see my earlier posting ! ) I became a Regular there because I really enjoyed their wide selection and I have also introduced some of my good friends ! But few months ago interestingly my good Foodie Friend KIE shared with me that "it was actually TONKATSU MA MAISON that's better !!!" ;-)


And whenever I was at WILD HONEY or JONES THE GROCER ( see my postings ! ) which are nearby,I always thought of "checking out Tonkatsu Ma Maison !" But somehow it didn't happened especially with my busy schedule & with many New & Fav Eats lined up every week ! Yesterday my good friend KIE mentioned it again !




So I thought it will be a great idea to enjoy a lunch date tasting with my "kawaii" Japanese Friend - KAORI-chang since I have not seen her for awhile & also she too have not been to Ma Maison before !!! She told me that "usually Japanese parents will prepare a Special Tonkatsu meal for their children before their exams !!! ;-)


I liked their "dark woody" DECOR and their "costumed Waitress especially the one dressed liked an Angel !!!" And I also enjoy their friendly service by their "hard working" Japanese Manager ( who's also the Cashier there ! ) She was very nice because I really want to enjoy this Tonkatsu lunch the Japanese style - so she explain their Menu especially their Popular and Healthy items.And then also the different kinds of Sauces to be used according to your personal taste ! I liked their Sesame Grinder that can be enjoyed with their Salad and of course the Tonkatsu - see below !!! ;-)



Instead of the usual Pickled Vegetables,over @ Ma Maison
- I enjoy their Healthy Grated Radish ! ;-)

Since I only had a light breakfast & enjoy some "shopping workout" ( i waited patiently for my Fav Brands to on 50% SALE !!!! Woohoo !!! Happy Guy !!! ;-) ) & that made me really hungry and looking forward to this Tonkatsu Lunch Tasting !!! And after studying their large sized MENU,I decided to start with their "Healthy" TOKUSEN KUROBUTA HIRE - $33.80 & It was an Excellent Choice because I enjoyed the Quality and Taste very much !!! And also you can select the type of Rice ( will revert soon ! )  :




According to their Chef - their Tonkatsu are prepared only
with the freshest pork,seasoned with mineral rock salt,
coated with the best bread crumbs,deep fried in light vegetable oil.

Another Highlight of Ma Maison - KOSHIHIKARI Rice
which specially prepared in special rice steamer - the kamado
( And I prefer their above Multi Grain Rice ! )


And I was interested to know more about my Kawaii - Japanese Gal - Kaori 's order - MISO HIRE KATSU - $25.80 - which I tasted later and I found the Miso Sauce a bit too sweet for my liking !!! :




And after our Main Course,they served our complimentary Desserts ( since our Desserts will be at the newly opened - "Japanese Bakery" - MAISON KAYSER,i actually forgot to check their MENU for any Signature Desserts ! ) :



Before we left I told their Japanese Manager that I will definitely be back to taste others in their MENU especially liked the Seafood - Large Prawn and Oyster !!! OSHII Des Ne !!! ;-)

- Lunch With KIE - JAN 17 2012 - "Katsu Curry" -



- Just Luv their RADISH very much !!! -








- Recent - KATSUDON Lunch -





Cheers & Enjoy !!!
AnDreW ;-)

ADDRESS : 333A Orchard Road #02-35/36 Mandarin Gallery Singapore 238897
CONTACT : +65 6733 4541
EMAIL : mamaison@singnet.com.sg
www.facebook.com/mamaisonsg
Open : 11AM to 10PM

No comments:

Post a Comment