ShareFavEatsAlways Most Popular Posts - Last 7 Days *****

Dec 10, 2011

FORTY HANDS @ YONG SIAK STREET,Singapore - "Finally Found & Checked & Tasted !!!" - December 2011

I LUV TIONG BAHRU because of the 1960s Era Shophouses feeling ! And also it is another of My Fav Breakfast Location where I will alternate My Fav Porridges - Ah Chiang and Xian Ji ! And of course there are others Favs liked - Loo's Curry Rice,Tiong Bahru Yong Tau Foo.And of course a few Favs above the Tiong Bahru Market ! ;-)

End of last year I read Reviews about 40 HANDS ( part of the  SPA ESPRIT Group ) which is located @ a "not so easy to located" - 78 YONG SIAK STREET in DINING - The Business Times - October 9-10 - "Different Strokes" and then in FOOD - Today - December 15 2010 - "Hidden Gems" But I guessed that somehow since I'm @ The American Club almost everyday, there are several Favs that I enjoy liked - "All Day Breakfast" @ Wild Honey or Jones The Grocer or others liked TWG and Marmalade Pantry @ ION,so I just took my time to check out 40 HANDS !!! ;-)



In fact I have tried locating 40 HANDS a few times before after my Fav Breakfasts nearby but I guessed if you are driving a bit too fast thru' Yong Siak Street,which was a One Way Traffic Road,you will most likely miss the above and then sometimes there will be cars parked in front & blocking your view of the Old Shophouse Front of this - Unique Decorated & low profile but Must Try 40 Hands Cafe ! And there will be some "impatient driver behind your car that will honk & want you to get out of the way !" So I just told myself - "will look for it next time & next time ( until there was once when I told myself that "die-die" I must check it out but then it was CLOSED ON MONDAYS ! It almost made me quit forever !!! ;-( )

Then Thank God that I didn't because it was finally on thursday after a Happy Morning Business Meeting I decided to "celebrate by checking out 40 HANDS for a Hearty Breakfast ( even though I will be enjoying a Special Yum Cha Lunch @ East Ocean later - see all my postings on this Fav !!! ;-) ) And of course I want to do Tasting of all their Signature Eats !!! ;-)




Actually after reading the Reviews - I was looking forward to "find their much Interviewed Trained Australian Barista - HARRY GROVER behind the counter but on my Visits, it was manned by a few friendly young black tees -Pilipino crew" !!! ( Read that one of them is a Asian Barista Champion !!! ) ;-)

I had a quick glance around at their MENU Rolls on the Wall & I noted that "their Prices were quite reasonable !!!" That's great for the Students !!! So I checked with this helpful Pilipina Cashier for suggestions on their Popular SANDWICHES ( their Menus stated on this Paper Roller hanging on the Wall ! ) even though when I checked in to my FOURSQUARE Apps - I read that their JAMAICAN PORK Sandwich was the No.1 Choice,but I guessed she probably wanted me to be another Regular there so she suggested & recommended below ! ( and not too long I was served by a tall Gal with a PRC Looks ! Wow ! I thought that this happening - in trend Third Wave - Coffee Connoisseurs joint is really Interesting !!! ;-) )  :

Ham & Cheese ( Minus the Tomatoes )
And after Checking Out - this 22 Seater with 1. - Outdoor seating in the front for those Smokers or those that liked to Parked illegally ! And then 2. - the Main "Air Condition Area that can be really packed !!! ( sometimes with those who treat it liked a Internet Cafe or for Playing Cards !!! ;-( ) And finally 3. - the Back Portion which is @ a lower level & you can enter from the Back Door Entrance where there's a large Car Park there !!! Of course I need a Second "Expert" Opinion from my Best Foodie Friend - KIE on 40 HANDS !!! Guessed he's more keen & comfortable @ Brunetti or Jones The Grocer !!! ;-)

Because I needed more Photos & Tastings,I decided on a quick 2nd Visit the next afternoon & this time it was quite packed & I checked with a happy smiling Pilipino and he highly recommended their TRUFFLE MUSHROOM Sandwich - $9.00  ( My thoughts was this month it's really TRUFFLE SEASON for Me !!! ) :




Watch Out For More Here !!! ********

And since it was a wet Rainy TGIF Afternoon, I know my Good Friend KIE best & he preferred Some Sweets so we ordered their Cakes ( from their brightly lit Glass Display that didn't looked too impressive with only a small selection liked their kitchen just prepared enough for the day and wanted to avoid any wastage !!! ;-) )

Banana Cake - $2.50
Jaffa Swirl - $3.50
 Watch Out !!! There Will Be More Added Soon !!!******* ;-)

Of course I know that "The Star Of The Show was their COFFEE !!!" ( But frankly I still trying to "catch the Waves and I am actually Not Really that Hard Core Coffee Drinker & yet to know the different kinds of  Java Beans which was either House Blend or Imported or different kinds of Milk that another good friend will make such a Big Fuss about...Haha...in the end he always end up in SPINELLI for his Cuppa !!! ;-) ) So anyway for now, I will go along with my own preferred taste ! And so far I have ordered & enjoyed their :

Caffe Latte
Mocca - $6.50
Probably I need hang out & spend more $$$ for "tuition fee" @ 40 Hands to enjoy more "Breakfasts & Coffee Breaks" to make some kind of conclusion or rating on 40 Hands !!! Maybe over here,I can over time learn how to appreciate the ABCs of Coffee Beans & the Art of Enjoying Specialty Coffee !!! And of course their MENU that was specially designed by the famously talented RYAN CLIFT - Chef & Owner of TIPPLING CLUB !!!

So Chill & stay tuned for More !!!

Cheers & Enjoy !!!
AnDreW ;-)

ADDRESS : 78 Yong Siak Street
CONTACT : +65 6225 8545
WEBSITE : http://www.40handscoffee.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment