ShareFavEatsAlways Most Popular Posts - Last 7 Days *****

Apr 21, 2012

HACHI RESTAURANT @ MOHD SULTAN RD - "Finally 1st Time Lunch !!!" - APRIL 19 2012

On HACHI - I probably waiting for my good Japanese Friend - S-san to arrange & invite to his Regular Japanese Eats for the longest time ! Guessed he more keen if I had "pretty looks" !!! Wahahaha !!! So finally I decided to "try my good luck by driving there after 1pm and then call & check if there was a Nice Table !!!" ( because I had this impression that it will be fully booked !!! ) But the young waitress who picked up my call - "she replied me in a hurry that I can come over & without even checking my name at all ! But I thought it be better that she note my name !!!" ;-)


Once I entered the dimly lit main dining area except for the "main stage" where their Chef Watanabe was busy making preparation for a large lunch group that probably arrived much earlier !!! And it was good that I stepped in slightly earlier so that I can enjoy a table at the centre area & avoided sitting at the corner or "being stressed out" at the counter !!! ;-)

"No idea if Chef Watanabe understand English ?"
Because when I tried chatting with him,he just tried a "forced smile" !!!

From the looks of Chef Watanabe - "he looked not too happy...probably too many orders for their BENTO MORIAWASE ( SHOKADOU ) - $38 - all about the same time including mine !!! Since it was my 1st time,I thought it will be the Best Item in their 1 Page Menu because it states - "Chef's selection of fresh assorted dishes in Bento Box.One of the best authentic bento sets you can experience !" ;-)





Guessed I should "brush up my Nihongo first before any Re-Visits" and I probably will want to check out the other Japanese Eats nearby before I lunch here again ! And probably with the afternoon rain,there was less natural light from above the main counter area so that made the dining tables quite dimly lit ! ( which I thought his Waiter or Waitress could have make some adjustment on the lighting !!! ) And also both Chef Watanabe look liked he will want stick closely to the lunch timing so that may have "stressed out his Crew a bit !!!" ( Poor Waitress dropped a bowl of Soup and then later check with me if she remove my "almost finished ( left the best to the last !!! ) Bento !!!"

Cheers & Enjoy !!!
AnDREW ;-)

ADDRESS : 6 Mohamed Sultan Road Singapore 238956
CONTACT : +65 6734 9622
WEBSITE : http://www.hachi-group.com/?page_id=113&lang=en
OPEN From : 12pm - 230pm / 6-11pm
CLOSED On Weekends !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment