ShareFavEatsAlways Most Popular Posts - Last 7 Days *****

Apr 8, 2012

OLD HONG KONG LEGEND @ RAFFLES CITY ( MOVED ) - "1ST TIME" - APRIL 5 2012

Since I was highly recommended by my good friend - KIE some time ago & I have finally checked out their Old Hong Kong Kitchen @ Square 2 @ Novena,my schedule today was "quite relaxed" to go over to Raffles City to have a look @ their OLD HONG KONG LEGEND !!! ;-)


Their DECOR look liked "ala Hong Kong - Sands Cotai Macau style !" Guessed it must be the Taste of their HK Lady Boss !!! ( Saw her again & she was dressed in a flowing black dress with a design in Gold on the back !!! ) ;-)








It was about 3pm so I thought I will just enjoy their Dim Sum or Chinese Desserts @ a Discount ( 20% off all Dim Sum from 230pm - 5pm - Monday to Saturday Only ! ) or look out for any Daily Special Deals or Special Promotions ! And also I was looking forward to "taste and sip" another Tea from their Menu selection and I was recommended this -


- Dried Longan Tea - $6.00
- Good for blood circulation and had anti-aging properties

And their Manager - Maggie ( probably with their HK Lady Boss seated nearby ) was liked a "Super Sales Person" and told me that "there's a Daily Special Offer & it's only for Today" and of course since it was my 1st time I can't disappoint her and I decided to order this :


Daily Special Offer - "Braised Shark's Fin in Thai Style" - $13.80

Tasting - The portion and taste was good !!! But of course I much prefer the real Thai style - Shark Fins in Bangkok ! ;-)

Of course,since it was a Holiday tomorrow ( Good Friday ) I still had appetite for more & I decided to order their Cold Desserts -


Tasting Notes - Presentation looked Interesting ! But it was a bit too Sweet for my Taste ! And wished that the Portion was a bit more !!! ;-)

- 2nd Tastings - April 11 2012 -

- I was actually quite "impressed" that their Managers remembered my Name and welcomed me back !!! And this time I have returned to Taste their Noodles but again their Manager - Maggie managed to "Sell another Promotional Item" to me ( which I was quite disappointed because it was "different" from the Photo and the Portion was Not Value for $$$ even thought Special Price !!! ;-( )


- Great Culinary Delights - "Poached Rice in Lobster Stock"
- UP $12.80 per pax - Now $9.80 per pax

- RICE NOODLE MENU -


- Braised Bee Hoon with Bitter Gourd and Black Bean Sauce - $13.00
- DESSERT - I always thought that "To test their Chef on their Standard of Chinese Dessert - You must always order their - Cream Of ALMOND with EGG WHITE !!! And if it really Taste Delicious and it will make you Think about it & you want More,then it must be High Standard & Ratings !!!" ;-)


- Taste of Almond or Egg White is really Minimal !!!
Will Not Order Tis again ! ;-(




Will definitely be back to check out their Daily Soups,Set Menu and Rice + Noodles soon !!! ;-)

Cheers & Enjoy !!!
AnDReW ;-)

ADDRESS : 225 North Bridge Road #02-18 Raffles City Shopping Centre Singapore 179103
CONTACT : +65 6336 3038
WEBSITE : https://oldhongkong.com.sg/
OPEN : 1030am to 1030pm

No comments:

Post a Comment