ShareFavEatsAlways Most Popular Posts - Last 7 Days *****

Nov 20, 2011

"TASTY" @ CHAP LEK KOK - HONG KONG International Airport - 1st Tastings - November 8 2011

Since my arrival in Hong Kong last friday,there were times when I was craving for a Bowl of Steaming Hot Soup of Shrimp WonTon or Stewed Beef Noodles similar to - MAK's Noodles @ Central ! But at the same time,i was referring to my MICHELIN Book for any "better Congee & Noodles Eats that i have yet to check out and taste"...And there was a few pages that featured well decorated - TASTY located @ Happy Valley,Hung Hom,Kowloon Bay & so I thought I could check out - TASTY @ IFC but when i was there yesterday - it was packed & there was a "super long queue" ! So I guessed TASTY must be really good !!! ;-)

So I thought it will be my next Hong Kong in Spring 2012 before I can enjoy TASTY ! Then on the morning of my departure ( there was not much time to walked to My Fav Breakfast @ Lobby Lounge - THE PENINSULA ( posted earlier ! ) I had already planned a "late breakfast" @ the Airport ( It's just liked my other trips ( a trend to enjoy Eats @ the Airport ! ) - please check out my posting on No.1 Fav Eats @ Bangkok Airport - "KIN Japanese Restaurant" - Must Try - their Special Ramen ! Could have been one more @ BALI but my BLOG didn't existed then ! ) Then after my Fav Scenic Train Ride on the Hong Kong Express & all the necessary Airport clearances,once we entered,I was Happy to find immediately :



And "Thank God ! There was no long queues then ! But most tables nearby was taken up ! My thoughts was "I have been to my No.1 Fav City - Hong Kong Airport so many times & I have never check out TASTY !!!" ( Guessed it may be interesting than the SILVER KRIS Lounge ! ) But anyway it's never too late to know that I can enjoy a "simple taste of Hong Kong before my departure !!!" ;-)




Then it may be a "bit of a challenge" that - first you need to find a table nearby or at least a clear view of  your "hand carry bags" then you need to select & order with the Cashier,then you will need to wait to pick your orders at the next counter ! ( So it was good that my good buddy - JL was with me this trip so there was "no worries at all !!!" )

Since it have been on my mind - I can finally order a bowl of their - "Famous Shrimp WonTon and Stewed Beef Noodles" ( Wish I could select more liked their Salted Lean Pork & Preserved Egg Congee or Stir-Fried Rice Noodles With Beef ! )




And my Personal Thoughts :

- It tasted OK ( it's only a bit more special because of the Hong Kong feeling ! )
- I am really glad that we can already enjoy "Similar or Better Standards in Singapore liked - NOODLE PLACE Restaurant @ Centrepoint - ( See my postings - FAV "Hong Kong Style" WonTon & Stewed Beef Noodles ! - please note that the Chef was from MAK's Noodles and I can be assured also there's no MSG there !!! ;-) ) And of course - both CRYSTAL JADE and IMPERIAL TREASURE ! And also in Chinatown Complex - there is Fatty Ox and another one ( that i have yet to taste because there are always long queues on Sunday Mornings ! ) both owned by Hong Kong Chefs !
- And I will check out their Happy Valley outlet - for the Chef's Special Dim Sum that include - Roast Pork Bun with Saucy Filling & Pomelo Skin with Shrimp Roe !

Many Thanks for Viewing my Latest Postings on all my Eats In Hong Kong !!! To Be Continued Next Year 2012 !!! ;-)

Cheers & Enjoy !!!
AnDrEW ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment