ShareFavEatsAlways Most Popular Posts - Last 7 Days *****

Nov 17, 2011

8 1/2 OTTO e MEZZO @ ALEXANDRA HOUSE, HONG KONG - AUTUMN RE-VISIT - November 7 2011

After I have arranged both my Flight & Hotel before my Hong Kong trip ! My next top priority was to "get in touch with my good contact / Manager - Tony Wong to make lunch reservations for my Italian Lunch with my very good VIP Friend - JL and also my other good friend - HIEN who's based in Hong Kong !

And I was so excited & happy to get a quick reply was - "that the No.1 Italian Restaurant was fully booked for almost every month and especially next month with more Foodies holidaying in HK and the X'mas & New Year celebrations ! But he assured that there will definitely be a special table arranged for my Lunch Party because of my posting in my BLOG on my 1st Tasting in Spring / April !!!" ;-)

Have a Look @ their Special Showcare of their "Ageing CELLAR for both their HAMs and CHEESE" :



On my SQ Flight to Hong Kong - It sure made my Day & Great Start to my Holiday becaise I was very happy to read in - The Straits Times - LIFE Section Page C6 - November 4 2011 - "IGGY'S AND ANDRE TOP MIELE GUIDE"  that ASIA's BEST Italian CHEF UMBERTO BOMBANA who is known as - "The King of White Truffles" was in Singapore ( according to him a day only ! ) earlier this week for the MIELE GUIDE event.And he was awarded - "CHEF of CHEFS" - which is a New Award !!! And his Restaurant was No.13 !!!  ;-)

Chef Bombana was the Ex-Chef of TOSCANA @ the legendary Italian Restaurant at the former RITZ-CARLTON in Central in early 1990s.Then opened 8 1/2 OTTO e MEZZO in early 2010 and now a 2 STAR MICHELIN Italian Restaurant.
In his Interview with WINE LUXE - he targetting Mainland China soon by setting up his Flagship Restaurant along the BUND Of SHANGHAI.And he noticed that what the new generation of Shanghainese want is different from that of Hong Kong and Shanghai ! So it will be very challenging !!! Again wishing Chef Bombana the very best in his new venture !!! ;-)



Once we arrived at my Fav Table,i passed this Newspaper Page to the Manager Tony to give it to his Boss - CHEF BOMBANA & he immediately came over with his friendly Italian Greetings and welcomed my Lunch Group ! Of course I most happy to congratulated him on his latest Award ! ;-)

The above was a photo taken on my 1st Tasting because the latest one is still in my CANON ! And during our Lunch he was dressed in his Chef's attire and he will personally attend to those tables that ordered their TRUFFLE items on their Menu.He will "shaved" the truffle over their pasta !!!

As always I enjoyed their Freshly Baked Breads ( the Quality,Taste and Presentation matters a lot to me !!! And i will have more serving of breads from only a few Italian Restaurant !!!  )  ;-)



Since it was my good friend - JL's 1st Tasting and HIEN of course been there before ( but he think that even he's based in HK,he probably have a tough time to arrange a table ) After having a quick look at their Menu & also we are hungry ( without any breakfast ) we just decided on their LUNCH 8 1/2 with "slight additions" that was specially arranged by TONY !!! And since I was on holiday ( after such a longest time ! ) i decided to celebrate !!! ;-)


ENJOYED THIS !!! ;-)

For APPETITZERS - We enjoyed most the Freshness & the high quality ingredients which is Chef Bombana's trademark & presentaton and cooking skills by his team - here's our delicious Orders :


AROUND THE WORLD SALAD - Bread and Basil


CLASSIC MINESTRONE - A Seasonal Vegetable Soup With A Touch Of Pesto
For The MAIN COURSE - Both JL and myself enjoyed their Signature - Homemade Pasta with TAJIMA BEEF below ( Which was PERFECTTO & Not To Be Missed ! ) :

HOMEMADE TAGLIATELLE - With "Cinta Senese" Ham,Sweet Onion,Pecorino Toscano
PACIFIC COD - Orange And Tomato Fondue,Chive Mashed Potato
TAGLIATA OF TAJIMA SIRLOIN - Rosemary Jus,Rucola Salad
Finally It Was their SIGNATURE ITALIAN DESSERTS which we enjoyed very much !!! :


CHOCOLATE TRIO - With Warm Chocolate Macchiato

CRISPY APPLE TART - Served With Honey Ice Cream

I was definitely a Happy FOODIE because i was able to enjoy my No.1 FAV Italian Eats in Hong Kong once more before the end of the Year 2011 !!! And especially this time I was not alone but it was together with both my good friends - JL & HIEN !!! ;-)

Well next Tasting will be Spring 2012 !!! And I will definitely look forward to taste their other Signature Dishes liked - MARINATED TUNA BELLY,SEA URCHIN MAYONNAISE,MUSHROOM SALAD !!! ;-)

Cheers & Enjoy !!!
AnDrEW ;-)

ADDRESS : Shop 202, Alexandra House, 18 Chater Road, Central, Hong Kong
CONTACT : +852 2537 8859
WEBSITE : http://www.ottoemezzobombana.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment