ShareFavEatsAlways Most Popular Posts - Last 7 Days *****

Nov 24, 2011

ZAFFIRO ITALIAN CUISINE ( CLOSED ) - "1st Lunch Tastings" - November 17 2011

Here's another ITALIAN CONNECTION - "L'ANGOLO and the above Newly Opened - ZAFFIRO - I was informed by Michele ( GM of L'Angolo ) more than a month ago & he requested me to check their soft spoken Chef Partner - GIULIANO DACASTO !!!

Of course "I thought - Wow ! Another Italian Eats ! Of course it's good for FOODIEs !!! But Mama Mia !!! With their Location - It definitely need more efforts on promotions & directions...And of course my Concerns with the High Rentals & also It will definitely be Challenging for Business on Weekends to "grab whatever business" !!! Also from Raffles Place to Maxwell location ( there's so many Excellent Eats in MBS & nearby MFC....And for Italian Eats excluding 5 Star Hotels in Marina & others located at Tanjong Pagar ) there are already - NO MENU, PROCACCI, FORLINO, L'ANGOLO and OTTO !!! So I guessed their celebrated CHEF DACASTO with impressive CV with works from 1 to 3 Star MICHELIN Italian Ristorantes !!! And he was formerly from IL LIDO,then FORLINO...then I have seen him @ L'ANGOLO !!!  ;-)



And on our Lunch Day - I was right about their "unique & new" Location - ASIA SQUARE TOWER ( Citibank ) - It's actually nearer to LAU PA SAT & you also need to know that it's on the other side of the building !!! In case you have a Lunch Date or Business Lunch,you probably need to go there earlier to check on this newly opened ASIA SQUARE TOWER location especially if you are walking from Raffles Place or Tanjong Pagar MRT ( Hopefully the Weather is Cool & Fine !!! ) And also for their Drop Off or Car Park !!!  ;-)

Next the DECOR is also just "too unique" - personally I felt that "their prefer use of Dark Colors just don't really fit my impression of Italian Eats & I though maybe it's suitable that their Glassed Front of Restaurant have some kind of coverage or decoration because there's too much distractions ( Sales of LEXUS Cars,etc ) to fully focus & enjoy the Chef's Signature Creations !!!" ;-)




Anyway it was good that I still have "my recent Foodie Mood from my Hong Kong Holidays" - so I was really keen to check out ZAFFIRO,so I called my "good Italian Friend" - MICHELE from L'ANGOLO to arranged with their experienced Restaurant Manager - PAOLO FUMAGALLI ( Just in case he pass his - Black & "Electric Blue" Color Business Card to you - It can be a "Test" for those with poor or ageing EYES especially after a humid walk from Raffles Place,then other Eats above & finally their lighting !!!....For a better idea you have a look at their Website below !!! ;-) ) for a VIP Table because I was hosting my good friends - JL,KIE and GL for our 1st Lunch Tasting !!! ;-)


Quite Ordinary ! ;-(

Amuse-Bouche - "Mini Satay or Yakitori looking" FOIE GRAS
( Wish their staff can introduce this a bit Clearer and Slower !!! ;-)

Many thanks to a recent DINING OUT Review on The Business Times by DEBBIE YONG - November 14 2011 - "Expect The Unexpected" with RATING : 7/10 - there was some ideas of the Chef Dacasto's "creative Italian Classics with a slight molecular gastronomy" !!! And after a quick introduction with their Manager PAOLO ( Of course his reply was - "Everything in the Menu is Good !!!" ) So I guessed we decided to "go with the flow or our Fav Italian Eats to do a comparison to know their standards !!!" ;-)

 And here's Our LUNCH MENU - STARTERS :


ALASKAN KING CRAB - With Asparagus,Zucchini and Sweet Chilli - $26


ROASTED GREENLAND SCALLOPS - In Cocoa Butter With Salaify and Franciacorta Wine - ( $28 )

And here are our MAIN COURSES that we enjoyed :


INK SPAGHETTI With Sea Urchin and Mussels - ( $30 )


RIGATONI PASTA - With Oxtail Ragout and Roman Pecorino Cheese - ( $30 )

*ps - their Manager PAOLO confessed that "I may not be able to read his handwriting so he used my Samsung Galaxy S to captured their Menu but it was not complete ! He would have suggested that he email me our Lunch Menu later ! ;-)

Since none of VIP Guests were keen on their Chef Dacasto's delightful DESSERTS,I had to tell the "disappointed" Manager PAOLO that it have to be another Lunch !!! ;-)

Wishing both CHEF Dacasto all the Very Best !!! Till next time !!! CIAO !!!

Cheers & Enjoy !!!
AnDrEw ;-)

ADDRESS : 8 Marina View #01-01 Asia Square Tower 1 Singapore 018960
CONTACT : +65 6636 0589
WEBSITE : http://www.zaffiro.com.sg/

1 comment:

  1. Earlier I managed to read recent posting on ZAFFIRO by another Foodie - "I noticed that there were Changes on the Bread Basket & the comments was liked The Bread was very good !!!" And also in this BLOG - there are actual Photos of the Building & ZAFFIRO for better idea of their Location !!! Well I'm happy that there were some changes made after my above posting !!!

    Cheers & Enjoy !!!
    AnDreW ;-)

    ReplyDelete