ShareFavEatsAlways Most Popular Posts - Last 7 Days *****

Nov 5, 2011

UNAGI KABAYAKI @ CHIKUYOTEI @ Intercontinental,Singapore - Year 2011

As always after reading my good friend - My Fav food writer - Geoffrey Eu's reviews,if the Eats he recommended i have a strong likings,then i will definitely check & do tastings soon ! And if you have read my other Fav Japanese Eats - then you will know that i Luv Japanese Eats very much ! ;-)

And I was looking forward to check out the above fine dining Japanese Eats - CHIKUYOTEI - their Signature Eats - UNAGI KABAYAKI ( broiled eel with sauce ) or SHIRAYAKI ( plain broiled eel - i ordered this because i have yet to taste "plain looking" Live Eel without Sauce before...because usually most will be with sauce ! ) -

UNAGI SHIRAYAKI

Besides reading Geoff's review,i tried Google for more but there were mostly "outdated" review or infomation on CHIKUYOTEI Group ( other location - The Japan Association @ Adam Road - Tel : +65 6738 1990 ) And when i arrived at Intercontinental for my Lunch Tasting -i was rather "disappointed" that there was No Name Signboard ( only Japanese Restaurant ) ,next the DECOR was unchanged ( my last visit must be more than 10 years ago ) ,their MENU looked oldish too,the business was slow with only a few tables taken in the Main Dining area and at the Sushi Bar - their local Sushi Chef was "chatting loudly in Chinese with this two ladies ( likely to be his regulars so treated liked VIPs ! ) who were the only ones seated there ( very unlike other Sushi Bars where there's a few Chefs busy preparing & serving a full house & packed table & buzzing ! )"

And then i was also not too impressed with the local kimono dressed waitress at first "because even though her service was friendly but she didn't give me the impression that i was having a Special Live Eel Lunch in a Japanese Restaurant until this cheerful & always smiling - KANAE took over ! ;-)

She was so glad to introduce the UNAGI Course interestingly ( even offered me to have a look at the Live Eels in the tanks in their Kitchen ! ) & later after knowing that i will Blog my lunch,she was happy to provided me a "hand written" copy with details of each item ! Suddenly i thought there may be some hope to my mood & trip there ( because I can't recall when was my last visit to Intercontinental or Bugis Junction ! ) ;-)

Seasonal Clear Soup - ( Shrimp Paste in Clear Soup )
SASHIMI - Flat Fish ( Sole ),Amberjack & Tuna
Other UNAGI Course ( Superior $56 / Deluxe $78 ) Items included as follows -

Appetizer - ( Simmered Vegetable With Sesame Cream )
Pickles
Rice
Eel Liver in dark bean paste Miso soup
Dessert

After the above Lunch - I have concluded that "I still prefer UNAGI KABAYAKI - Broiled Eel with sauce especially served Sushi style or in the Bento set !"

Cheers & Enjoy !!!
Andrew ;-)

PS - Sorry Geoff for my above "feedbacks" ! ;-)

Address : 80 Middle Road,Lobby Level,Intercontinental,Singapore
Contact : +65 6825 1064

No comments:

Post a Comment