ShareFavEatsAlways Most Popular Posts - Last 7 Days *****

Nov 22, 2011

PREGO" @ FAIRMONT SINGAPORE - "Finally Re-Visited & NEW LOOK" on November 9 2011

Still having Holiday Mood from Hong Kong ! I looking forward to "catch up" with my No.1 Foodie Friend - KIE !!! Needed to thank you personally for a good recomendation - SUSHI HIRO ( Juz google Sushi Hiro by ShareFavEatsAlways ! ) So when I called him,he told me that recently he enjoyed PREGO and he suggested if I was keen to do re-visit for a late lunch !!! ;-)


I was surprised that even with reservations,i had to wait awhile for our table ! Maybe their idea was - "to let the Guests wait,look around at their Facelift and also salivate at the Glass Display with Italian Desserts and Pastas !!!" And also Bread Selection !!! ;-)






I can't really recalled how many years ago that I enjoyed my last lunch here !!! But I recalled that it was probably the one of my earliest tastings of Italian Eats....It was during the ear where it was - PETE'S PLACE first then PREGO....then DA PAOLO @ Club Street......;-)

Their New DECOR looked  Refreshingly Bright !!! And I was look forward to their Italian Eats prepared Chef de Cuisine - SAMUELE BAUDOINO !!! ;-)




Many thanks to our timely - Singapore MRT - ( my Fav MRT Station is ORCHARD ) I arrived there earlier so I had time to enjoy our Table Decor & study their MENU !!! ;-)



And I guessed I had that "Hungry" Look,so this friendly & young Pilipina waitress offered me their - "Special Bread & Spread in the Bottle" ( which highly recommended by their Restaurant Manager - STEPHANE CLASQVIN to taste & enjoy !!! ;-) )


Donut- Shaped Rosemary & Black Sea Salt Bread ! Yums !!! ;-)



Next I thought of enjoying a glass of recommended House Red.Interestingly there another friendly & young Pilipino Waiter who pushed this WINE CART over ! Then parked in front of my table and check if I am keen on a glass of any of the Wine displayed ! I requested to know & taste his Best Seller but somehow it was not my taste preference.Then he quickly returned with another Bottle and then "uncork" especially to let me do the tasting.And it was good and i liked the taste !!! ;-)



Interestingly when I checked in my APPS - FOURSQUARE - "there was a few complaints on Bad Service !!!" - But I am really surprised because it was really Excellent from the Reception to the Main Dining Hall so far !!! Guessed there must very high expectations from the young crew on service levels ! And I feedbacked to their "attentive" Manager Stephane on this,so that he can actually look into the matter !!! And we wanted to know from him - what the type of CLAM that were used in their VONGOLE.Then he actually requested the CHEF Baudoino to quickly prepared 2 small bowls of CLAMS and MUSSELS for "Visual Test" before we decide if we like to order !!! Perfertto !!! ;-)

Enjoyed their CALAMARI - Please note their Spicy Sauce is actually not that Spicey !!!
And We Also Requested For Tartar Sauce !!!
We were told that their CLAMS are from ITALY ! It was Delicious !!!
But Please Note That Their Portions Are Large So Better To Share If There Are Other Tastings !!!
Tis CHEF Signature BEEF LASAGNA Was Highly Recommended By Their Manager !!!
It Was Delicious But We Orderded Too Much Already !!! ;-)
We were happy with our lunch @ PREGO and I will definitely return to check out their - Authentic Italian "Home Cooking" MENU liked :

- "Risotto-style" Fregola ( Sardinian pasta that liked boiled barley grains ) served with sausage,onions and Pecorino ( $27 )
- Calabria-style hand stretched pizzas with Thicker and more Doughy Crusts ( from $29 )
- other Pastas liked Potato Gnocchi and Porcini,Spinach and Bagna Cauda ( $27 )
- Their Rotisserie Chicken ( $34) - roasted over spit-fire and served with garlic potatoes and rapini
- Desserts - their traditional Battered Panettone ($14)

 So when we asked for the Bill because we were already so "filled up" that we decided to enjoy their DESSERTS another time ! But then our good friendly Manager Stephane rushed over with a plate of their Signature TIRAMISU for Tasting Only !!! This gesture was really great because I enjoy most @ the Italian Eats when either their Italian CHEF or Manager or Owner to be "proactive & personal" that will come around the tables and check with every guest on their comfort level or if they are enjoying the meal !!! ;-)



Cheers & Enjoy !!!
AnDrEw ;-)

ADDRESS : FAIRMONT SINGAPORE 80 Bras Basah Road, Singapore 189560
Check out their WEBSITE - http://www.fairmount.com/singapore/GuestServices/Restaurants/Prego.htm
CONTACT : +65 6431 6156
FAX : +65 6339 7777
Special Note : Check On Offers With Bank Credit Cards or AMEX For Special Meal Offer !!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment