ShareFavEatsAlways Most Popular Posts - Last 7 Days *****

Nov 28, 2011

OTTO RISTORANTE - "White Alba Truffle Menu" Lunch On November 25 2011

After my recent holiday in Hong Kong,Since I missed my Fav Italian - it's now 3 Star Michelin - 8 1/2 OTTO e MEZZO so much !!! ( see my Recent Lunch & 1st Tastings postings ! ;-) ) And I badly needed "a Fix for a really good Italian Eats" so of course I immediately arranged lunch @ one of my Favs ( Btw there's no connection with both Otto ! But I told both Chefs about their OTTOs !!! ;-) ) @ one of my FAVs Italian Eats - OTTO Ristorante @ Red Dot Traffic Building !!! ;-) Plus there was another reason - I wanted to introduce this Fav Italian Eats to my good friend GWEN to enjoy but it was just too bad that she was "bitten by the Flu Bug !!!" Since the lunch reservations booked ahead already ( and it's not so easy to book a nice table because it's very popular for Business Entertainment during lunch ! ),of course I proceeded with my good Fav Lunch Foodie - KIE ! because I was looking forward to Taste their TRUFFLE MENU !!! ;-)

With CHEF MICHELE PAVANELLO
- from the Veneto region of northeastern Italy

Since it was "prized White Truffle Season" - ( harvested from the Langhe area of the Piedmont region in the northern Italy and the countryside around the city of Alba,the White Truffle boasts extreme decadence,intense flavours and fragrant aromas - a perfect combination which makes it a gastronimical delight among food lovers everywhere - from OTTO advert ! ) both Chef Pavanello & their Restaurant Manager - Paolo were busier serving ( see below ) those tables that ordered their popular White Truffle Menu !!!

And I also read a Interesting Interview with Chef Pavanello in - Wine & Dine Magazine - "ITALIAN GOLD" by Don Mendoza - "Chef Pavanello devulged: "We paid between S$7000 to S$8000 per kg as opposed to last year's S$5500 to S$6500 ( per kg ) The profit margin is not that large since we're almost selling the truffle at cost,but we feel that that it's an extra service that we provide to our diners" And that's really good !!! Later at the end of our enjoyable meal,we managed to enjoy a nice chat with Chef about his cooking style and about his thoughts on Fresh Ingredients !!! ;-)

And in my previous postings on OTTO - I have mentioned that - "I always thought that the quality & the presentation of the Home made Bread will indicate the standard or ratings of any Italian Eats !" And @ OTTO,I always enjoyed their Freshly Baked Bread Selection ( it was a large tray ) and i will always request for extra servings !!! ;-)



And interestingly my good Foodie Friend - KIE who is not really into "TRUFFLES" ( & must be Butter & not Extra Virgin Oil with the Bread ) so his preference was mostly Seafood Eats from their ALA CARTE MENU - and this was his Lunch orders below :

Lightly Smoked Crustacean Soup With Prawn Dumplings - ( $18.00 )
Spaghetti With Sea Urchin And Grey Mullet Bottarga - ( $30.00 )
And even it was still a work week, I was still on an extended holiday mood and I thought I "celebrate & give myself a early X'Mas treat" by enjoying a glass of their recommended house Red wine especially with their - White "Alba" Truffle Menu !!! ;-)



After a "tough time studying their Truffle Menu because there were several Favs Eats that i wanted to enjoy all during this lunch !!!" So I guessed it caught the attention of their "hard working & friendly" Restaurant Manager - PAOLO who immediately came over and highly recommended the following Tastings from their White Alba Truffle Menu :


"Of course Paolo told me that since I am a VIP,he actually gave me more Truffle !!! Haha !!!"

Scrambled Egg With Blue Swimmer Crab And White Truffle - ( $19 )
- The Taste of this was really wonderful that already made me looking
forward to the next Truffle Season !!! ;-)

Homemade Egg Tagliolini With White Truffle With White Emulsion - ( $26 )
- Looked So Ordinary But The Taste Was Great !!! ;-)
So I was a Happy Guy again because it was another very Enjoyable & Memorable Lunch @ OTTO !!!  And I shared both PAOLO and CHEF PAVANELLO that I will definitely hope to return soon to Taste more Truffle Eats before the Truffle season ends !!! After the above we felt "so stuffed" that we thought we should take a break by driving over to Tanglin Mall to enjoy our "GELATO @ BRUNETTI" - ( see my Posting - Tiramisu with Pistachio Gelato !!! YUMS !!! ;-) )

Cheers & Enjoy !!!
AnDREW ;-)

ADDRESS : 28, Maxwell Road, #01-02 Red Dot Traffic Building Singapore 069120
CONTACT : +65 6227 6819
WEBSITE : http://www.ottoristorante.com.sg/
- Find OTTO on FACEBOOK

- MUST TASTE @ OTTO 2012******

- Crispy Suckling Pig Drizzled With Acacia Honey And Balsamic Vinegar
- Pan-Seared FOIE GRAS With Sweet Port Caramelised Apples
- Five and Six Course Gourmet Menu

No comments:

Post a Comment