ShareFavEatsAlways Most Popular Posts - Last 7 Days *****

Nov 9, 2011

"YUNG KEE Restaurant" - Hong Kong - "Finally Re-Visited" On November 4 2011

So very Happy to return to My No.1 Fav City - Hong Kong because since i have been there for both Spring & Autumn,it's really feel liked My 2nd Home ! ;-) And it's truly Foodie's Haven forever,of course there also all my Fav Fashion Brands in my Fav Shopping Malls !!! With My New Fav Chill Out Bar - Ozone on 118/F @ Ritz's,I wish i can fly up more !!! ;-)

But i felt only slight disappointment on the Weather because it supposed to be Autumn Winter Season now but when i landed there,I felt that it was really humid ! The taxi driver told me that i just missed last week cool weather ! So the weather was almost liked Singapore except there were no afternoon showers ! ;-(

After checking in to my new Fav Hotel in Tsim Sha Tsui,Kowloon ( Interestingly My Last Ever Stay in Kowloon was in Marco Polo,which was liked more than 20 years ago.Since then my preference was hotels mostly on Hong Kong Island liked Causeway Bay or Wanchai mainly because of the GIFT FAIRs ! Anyway i was really looking forward to updating all the changes in Kowloon which i heard from my friends that Tsim Sha Tsui is currently more Happening than Hong Kong Island now ! )

Since it was a long time that i last re-visited YUNG KEE - world famous for their most famous for their -Roasted Goose - ( which is sauced,marinated & roasted for 45 mins.The skin have a glossy shine - see below ! - which is fragant & can be lightly chewed !...Actually i didn't have time to explore others that are also famous for Roast Goose which i read... ) it will be my First Eats for this Autumn HK Trip :




And my dear beloved MUM have requested for their - Traditional Chinese Sausages & Cured Meats ( according to Yung Kee - it's locally made with local ingredients ) - which is a Seasonal Favourite in the Cool Winter Months - which is excellent for Claypot or Fried Rice & also Turnip Cake.
Just the thought of the Claypot Rice's enticing fragrance and flavour that makes the taste so delicious !
Most Cantonese Restaurants will recommend the Claypot Rice & even boiling up the slightly burnt rice crust with soup for you to slurp it up to keep both the heart and belly warmth & feel really good during the cool winter nites ! ;-)

At YUNG KEE - here is where you order their Traditional Chinese Sausages and Cured Meats -there's their Box Packaging is excellent for Seasonal Gifts ( especially good for tourist or customer liked me ! )  :



Since after taking a scenic boat ride on the Star Ferry and walking past a few fashionable blocks there,i might as well enjoy a bowl of their Famous Roast Goose with Noodles :



But when i arrived there at 430pm,there was a signboard that - Roose Goose sold out ;-) ....And will be ready at 5pm !!! ;-)  So while waiting there together with other Tourist on the Main Dining Hall,i had some time & took a look @ their SEASONAL DELICACIES Menu & since i Luv Cantonese Soups very much,i ordered their Chef Recommended - a bowl of Double Boiled Whelk and Fish Maw Soup - HK$ 180 :


And I always enjoy their Kai Lan - it tasted fresh,sweet & crunchy ! And it's usually simply cooked with a separate small plate of soya sauce or oyster sauce :


And after the waitress served ( wanted to know if i wanted ) - Famous Signature Eats - Preserved Egg & Pickled Ginger - which is very popular with some Foodies & supposed to be one of the Best in Hong Kong :



( Which I was not really keen because i don't really know how to appreciate, so i politely requested her to take it away ! )

So the above Eats was liked a Sampler & it was all i ordered for my TRUNCH ( late lunch and tea break ) & i want to make "space" to enjoy my Dinner later so before i left my hotel earlier,i had requested the Concierge to arrange & book a nice seat at the Sushi table for my Dinner @ SUSHI HIRO at 8pm ( which was highly recommended by my No.1 Foodie Buddy - KIE ! ;-)

And i was hoping if there may be any chance during my holiday schedule & i'm near Yung Kee,then i would like to return for a plate of their succulent,perfectly glazed BBQ Pork with rice & for Fine Dining Dining - if i can gather a few good friends then we can book a table at the upper floor for a enjoyable dinner ( which i enjoyed very much a few years ago ! )

Till my next HK trip then !

Cheers & Enjoy !!!
Andrew
In Hong Kong ;-)

Address : 32-40 Wellington Street Central Hong Kong
Contact : +852 2522 1624
Website : http://www.yungkee.com.hk/

No comments:

Post a Comment